After explaining to a few people how to get started with Toodledo during the last weeks, I decided to write a short “HowTo get started with Toodledo in 4+2 steps”:
1. Register at Toodledo.com, it’s free and it takes only seconds!
2. Go to “Settings” (top right corner) and…
- Set “Display Preferences” to “Entire page scrolls”, “Grid (One line with columns)” and activate “Show note and file attachment icons on the left”.
- Activate the following “Fields/Functions Used”:
Folder, Start Date, Due Date, Repeat, Length, Timer, Priority, Tag, Status, Star.
To learn more about how I use these fields, please see “Task Management with Toodledo.com”.
- Set “Row Style” to “Title is styled by priority” and “Completed tasks are dimmed”.
- Set “Default View” to “Folder”.
- Configure the following “New Task Defaults”:
Start Date: Today, Status: Next Action
- Set “Show Tab Counts” to “Show the number of tasks inside each list”.
3. Go to “Tools > More…” and activate e-mail importing within “Email Import / Export”. You can use this e-mail-address to mail tasks to toodledo.
4. Go to “Organize > Folders” and create folders (these are your to-do lists) for different areas like main job, bigger projects, private, shopping,…
5. If you like to go to “Goals” and insert your goals. If you are interested in this topic please see “planning section”.
6. Finally, if you want to import tasks from an existing tool go to “Tools > Import / Export” and use the appropriate function.
This is it! Now you are ready to go to your “Tasks” and to add tasks via “Add Task”.
PS: If you have ideas or comments how to optimize this howto, please do not hesitate to post your thoughts.